John F. Kennedy’s name lives on in hundreds of schools, streets, parks, and centers that memorialize him across the globe. His name is etched at landmarks across the world, and we want you to help us fill in a map of places named after or remembered for JFK.
The JFK Library Foundation held scavenger hunts in the Boston area in July, and in Washington, DC on September 29 to locate places named for President John F. Kennedy. Participants followed clues to these locations, and the lucky winners won a gift box that included a JFK100 hat, a collectible commemorative coin featuring President Kennedy, and a four-pack of tickets to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.
Location 1: Union Oyster House, Boston, MA
Location 2: John Fitzgerald Kennedy National Historic Site, Brookline, MA
Location 3: John F. Kennedy Museum, Hyannis, MA
Location 4: John F. Kennedy Memorial Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Where in the World is JFK Scavenger Hunt (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are thirteen (13) years old or older and are legal residents of any of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Eligible minors must obtain their parents’ or legal guardians’ permission prior to participating. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation (“Sponsor”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00:00p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, July 28, 2017 and ends when the last item in the scavenger hunt is found.
3. CONTEST PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS:
The JFK Library Foundation will begin the scavenger hunt by posting clues on social media platforms Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Based on the clues, users will guess where the JFK prize box is located and visit the site to claim the prize. If the person is the first to get to the site to claim the box, he or she will be asked to take a photo of themselves at the site and post to at least one social media platform and tag the JFK Library and use the hashtag #JFKintheWorld. The JFK Library Foundation will then announce that that location has been discovered, and post clues for the next site, repeating this process until all locations have been discovered.
No purchase is required to participate in this contest.
4. HOW TO WIN:
The winner is the first person to discover and go to the JFK location from the clues on the JFK Library’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, and let a staff member at the JFK location know that he or she found JFK. Once that’s done, in order receive to the prize box, the winner must take a photo of the site and add it to social media, tagging the JFK Library and using the hashtag #JFKintheWorld, and add the photo to the Where in the World is JFK map. If the winner does not have a social media account, he or she can send the photo to the JFK Library Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share the photo on our social channels.
In the event that any Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize (as hereafter defined) to the next person who discovers the JFK location from the clues. RESOLUTION OF TIES: In the event of a Tie, there will be a random drawing to select the Winner.
5. PRIZE: One (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded to each Winner, which will consist of a special prize box, including a commemorative John F. Kennedy coin, JFK 100 baseball hat, and 4 passes to the Museum ($100 Approximate Retail Value). The Prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen and is nontransferable. The Prize is not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be awarded. All taxes are the responsibility of the Winner, where applicable. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Prize package and are solely the Prize Winner’s responsibility.
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (c) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of the Winner, (d) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, (e) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (f) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (i) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any website operated by Sponsor; (ii) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (iii) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (iv) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. The Sponsor Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; participation in the Contest or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Contest information. This includes, but is not limited to, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy. The Sponsor Entities make no warranties and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with this Contest.
7. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree not to engage in any reckless or dangerous conduct. You further agree to release and hold the Sponsor and Promotion Parties harmless from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and legal costs) arising out of or related to (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, (b) entrant's participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)), and (c) any claims of infringement related to the Sponsor Entities’ use of any photographs, drawings or any other materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest. Each entrant or participant (including the Winner) assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by his or her participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the Prize, and waives any and all claims against the Sponsor or Promotion Parties arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest.
8. GOVERNING LAW: Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the County of Suffolk, State of Massachusetts. Sponsor's failure to comply with or enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, you waive the right to any and all claims arising out of participation in the Contest, including any claim for relief or damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Entrants agree that the Sponsor Entities shall not be liable for any cause of action or attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Where in the World is JFK Scavenger Hunt
John F. Kennedy Library Foundation
Boston, MA 02125
Requests for Winners' lists must be received no later than three (3) months after the end of the Contest Period.